Thursday, March 20, 2014

Free Time


One lesson I'll take away from my time here is that no one is going to stand up for your free time but you. I get every Monday off but it's something I definitely have to make known that I plan to take, but Mari is more than happy to plan my time off and help me get around. Working with animals means that you work everyday, the sheep don't produce milk just 5 or 6 days of the week, and they dont stop producing milk in the morning just so you can sleep in an extra hour. Being a farmer is a career that is not for the faint of heart, and it makes me feel extremely lucky that we have so many people willing to take on the long, hard and extremely dirty job at produces the delicacies we so easily buy. 

Enough ranting, on my day off I went back to Otranto where I had previously posted some photos of. This time I went to the more populated side and walked around he beautiful waterfront parks, promenades and the castle. During the Turkish invasion the castle was a strong hold but in the end the Turks took the town and slaughtered all men over 15 and enslaved the women and children. It was beautiful inside and has been turns into a maze of tiny streets  and restaurants. I wish I could post all the beautiful views, but because of the issues I'm having with my camera connector, I will have to leave you with just this for now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment