Enoteca Provincia Romana - Largo di Foro Traiano 48
Wonderful restaurant sponsored by the Province of Rome serving typical, inseason dishes. Right byTrajan's Colomn but not touristy and delicious. I had the ricotta spinach ravioli and Jordan had the delicious pancetta and pea gnocchi.
Mordi e Vai - Testaccio Market, Via B Franklin
This sandwich place inside a market was so mouthwatering we went there after a full lunch and had to get something even though we were stuffed, and then went back the next morning for breakfast. The sandwiches were the best I've ever had (and I don't even like sandwiches normally), featuring traditional sauces and produce. The top sandwich was some kind of stewed pork that's as cut up and put in the sandwich after the breads as dipped in the juices, then topped with sautéed chicory leaves. The bottom sandwich is a whole artichoke hearts mashed into the bread and then topped with Pecorino cheese slices. Divine. The ones for breakfast were even better.
La Pratolina - Via Della Scipioni 248
Jordan and I went here for dinner to try the mixed croquettes and the pizza, but couldn't help ourselves when we saw the squash blossoms on the menu (bottom right hand photo). This place had the most unbelievable pizza- wild boar mortadella, provolone cheese, ndjua sausage, and pistachio pesto.
Remind me to make pistachio pesto when I get home...
*i want to give a big pat on the back and acknowledgement to Katie Parl whose blog and app were completely indispensable in finding these places. Also, it was reading about Katie Parla that made me realize that master's degrees in Italian Regional Cuisine exist. I'll put a link here when my internet desides to work again.
No comments:
Post a Comment