Friday, May 9, 2014

Jordan and Gwen All Over: Part I

You'll have to forgive me for forgetting the world for the two weeks Jordan was here and not checking my emails, answering my phone or updating my blog. But now it's time for a little photo diary of Our travels in two parts. It's brief, full of photos and I'll post a couple follow ups on things that were too cool to describe in just one sentence. I'll post the rest tomorrow. 

TORINO - Torino is a chocolate city. All chocolate. When we first got off our overnight train at 9am I ordered a hot coco with orange liquor (I'm on vacation, don't judge) and received a tea cup full of molten chocolate with liquor. I believe they just melted an entire chocolate bar into  a cup- a delicious, high end, infinitely satisfying chocolate bar. By the time I was finished, the parts I couldn't scrape off the side of my tea cup (it wasn't much- I really got in there) were literally hardened to the side of the cup- just like melted chocolate would. Oh yeah, we also saw churches, went to a jazz festival, went to the roof of the old fiat factory, went to Eatly and walked and walked and walked. It's a beautiful city and well worth a visit. Beautiful covered walkways line all the streets and cafés serve delectable treats. Jordan also got an Italian haircut while we were here!






PADUA - Jordan and I stayed in Padua to do two things- visit the Scorvegni Chapel with the frescos by Giotto that changed the art world forever, and visit Venice, but we ended up getting so much more because Padua is a wonderful city full of interesting things in its own right. There are canals and rivers, historical cafés serving wonderful coffee drinks (that's Jordan standing outside one of our favorites that served coffee with a dollop of sweet minty foam- to die for), a botanical garden (which also happens to have a Renzo Piano building as part of it) and the oldest open air market in Italy, of which we took full advantage. That's Jordan walking through the space where it's held (on a non market day) with two bottles of wine he selected for our picnic.





Venice, Formia, and Naples tomorrow! 






No comments:

Post a Comment