Tuesday, January 14, 2014
You got me thinking...
There were a few things that really made me want to go on this trip and I wanted to share those in case anyone cares to take a gander through them since I find them all engrossing. Also, my explanations before leaving were not as articulate as they could have been and I'm sure you might have found them a little lacking.
The first, and hands down the one with the most impact, was Jeffrey Steingarten's book The Man Who Ate Everything, (Vintage, 1996).
He delves into food on a level that is so intense, and with descriptions that are so vivid, that your mind becomes preoccupied with a singular thought - 'I must eat/try/see that. How can I make that a reality?'. There are a million wonderful reviews of this book that will send you rushing out to buy it so I wont go on and on (but if you wish I would click here). Even if you just read one or two chapters I'm sure you'll be planning a trip of your own.
Here's a photo of Jeffry for those of you who have not had the pleasure of watching him on Iron Chef.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment