Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fishy Heaven

I'd be remiss in talking about what inspired me to go on this trip if I didn't talk a little bit about Lynne Rosetto Casper and the Splendid Table podcast. This is a great show and if you've never checked it out you really should. Just like Jeffrey Steingarten, The Splendid Table get's you really, really excited about food. And if you don't believe me the James Beard Foundation has awarded it Best National Radio Show on Food twice (1998, 2008). Every episode is 60 minutes of sheer delight, but this one in particular really stood out. It's Melissa Clark (writes in Style & Dining section of the New York Times) describing how to roast a whole fish. You can listen to the podcast here: 

Skip to Minute 7:32 – 13:44  which is Melissa Clark on roasting whole fish.

But Melissa also has a plethora of fabulous YouTube videos where her infectiously enthusiastic approach to foods will thrill you and I highly encourage you to check it out.

Here's her whole fish video:


Fishy Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment